MDL Excavator Hedge Cutter Attachment – Manufactured in Britain.
- Ideal for mini diggers with hydraulic flow 25L/minute>
- Fantastic affordable alternative to a tractor driven implement
- Attaches to digger with two hoses (not supplied)
- Full range of spares available from stock
- Suits 0.5t – 3T diggers
- Reviews (0)
- Custom Made Bracket Form
- Video of Machine In Operation
Cost-effective and versatile addition to compact excavators / mini diggers
Ideal for maintaining hedgerows including hawthorn, privet, leylandii, bramble, holly etc
These are manufactured in Britain, made in-house in our workshop in Dalston, Cumbria.
For your total peace of mind, we’re now offering a 3-year warranty across all machines.
This trimmer is supplied with a universal bracket (see dimensions in the photo), but please note this will likely require replacing or some fabrication to adapt to specific diggers.
Custom brackets to suit your exact machine can be fabricated by us on request. Please fill in the attached form below should you require this service.
Requires hydraulic hoses – Not supplied. (We recommend installing the trimmer bar first, then sizing the hoses to suit your machine.)
Recommended hydraulic flow to the trimmer bar is 25 – 27 litres per minute.
Please check the specification on your machine to confirm the flow rate on the hydraulic auxiliary circuit – Should your machine produce significantly less than this, it may result in slow and undesirable performance.
Diggers that produce significantly higher flow rates may have an on board system to control the flow to the auxiliary circuit, so please check your machine specifications to confirm. Running the trimmer bar too quickly with too much flow may be dangerous, and could cause damage to the tool. When tracking along, some of the hydraulic flow will be diverted away from the trimmer bar circuit, so it may be possible to use a digger with a flow rate exceeding the 27 litres per minute, providing the auxiliary circuit isn’t activated unless the digger is tracking along.
A flow diverter valve, which we can supply with the trimmer, can reduce the flow sent to the tool and prevent the device running at overspeed.
- This trimmer is supplied with a universal bracket but please note this will likely require replacing or some fabrication to adapt to specific diggers.
- Custom brackets to suit your exact machine can be fabricated by us on request.
- Please fill in the below form should you require this service.
- Please note bracket prices may vary depending on the size and type of bracket needed.